Our customers choose our products because they make a difference in their lives. That's pretty special. A product marketer plays a crucial role in positioning products the right way to the right people, because they have a deep understanding of our target customers and how our products fulfill their needs.
As a product marketing specialist, you will be responsible for telling the world the story of our product. You will be an advocate for our specific feature set and its benefits. Additionally, you will be charged with crafting the messaging and marketing for new launches and ongoing campaigns.
The form this position takes depends on you:
- If you can commute to our location, we can make this a salaried position with medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- If you wish to work remotely, we can make this a contract position. You would be paid as an independent consultant. Some travel may be required.
- If you have special expertise in a subset of what we need, we can divide this position into two or more part-time contract positions.
- Educate customers about our product features and their benefits.
- Create product content — documentation, product videos, web copy, newsletters, blogs, social media posts, and forum responses — to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product adoption and usage.
- Speak and present to promote the story of our product.
- Demonstrate our products to potential customers, who are primarily musicians.
- Experience in digital marketing, product marketing, and/or product management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- Proficiency with current digital marketing techniques. You will be expected to help craft product pages, create digital marketing campaigns, and analyze customer behavior to increase performance metrics and optimize conversions.
- Prefer working in a collaborative capacity. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and customers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience preferred.
- Shopify and Reverb.com e-commerce platforms
- Email marketing (MailChimp)
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram)
Pay and Perks
This will depend on whether you work part-time or full-time, salaried or contract. Please email us any requirements you may have.
We are a small company specializing in the design and marketing of audio electronics for the musical instrument industry. We are located in Orange, California — a 3-minute walk to the Metrolink and 6-minute walk to the Orange Circle with its many eateries, cafes and shops.
How to Apply
Email your résumé and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.