Do Not Panic
If you are reading this, it's probably because you are experiencing some kind of problem. We know you may have had some unpleasant experiences with other companies when requesting support, and you will not have that experience with us. We will reply to your request promptly and solve your problem as quickly as possible.
We ask that you first do your part in eliminating any other source of the problem by performing the Troubleshooting steps below.
If you are having a problem using USB or Expanse software with your Expanse-series pedal, see Expanse Software Troubleshooting.
If you have hum or buzz when using two amps, please see our FAQ on this subject. Long story short—it's not the pedal; it's the amps.
Check your cables and power supply, as these often fail or become intermittent—yes, even the expensive ones. We see it all the time. Here are some troubleshooting tips:
- To isolate the problem, disconnect pedals one at a time until the problem disappears. Then try to reproduce the problem with the simplest possible signal chain.
- To check for a bad cable, swap cables one at a time with a known good cable.
- To check for a bad power supply, swap it with a known good supply.
Does your pedal pass signal, but the LED does not light? This means the supply voltage is too low—a sure sign of an unregulated or failing power supply.
There are a couple of minor known issues with the Expanse (v2 Stereo Pedals) which have workarounds.
Is the effect output attenuated or "squashed" but the dry signal ok? This means the signal level going into the pedal is too high, and the DSP has limited the effect output to avoid clipping. Turn down the signal level going into the pedal, and make up the difference afterward.
Finally, try the pedal by itself—just guitar ► pedal ► amp (or direct). If the problem disappears, there is probably something else in your signal chain causing the problem.
Once you are certain the pedal is not working properly, contact us with a detailed description of what you are experiencing:
- Which pedal is it? True bypass or buffered? Which version? Not sure? Check here.
- What works and what doesn't?
- How is it connected and to what? What is your signal chain, particularly just before and after the product in question?
- Is there any other relevant information, especially if you have an unconventional use case?
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
If possible, we strongly encourage you to send us photos or a video showing how your pedal is connected (both signal and power) and what pedals come before and after. A video is especially useful for demonstrating an irregular sound and/or sequence of events that cause an unexpected behavior. Sometimes this may seem unnecessary, but in most cases it helps us completely understand the issue and rule out any other potential causes.
If we cannot resolve your issue via e-mail, you will be asked to ship your pedal to us for repair. We will repair your pedal as quickly as possible, but there may be some inconvenience to you. We appreciate your understanding.
International returns: ship via EMS or Post and mark the contents as "Returned Goods" on the customs form.
- Securely package your return.
- Include the following with your pedal:
- your name
- your e-mail address
- your shipping address
- a copy of our e-mail correspondence
- E-mail us the tracking number if available.
Thank you, and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused by this process.
Neunaber Audio Effects warrants its products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for three (3) years from original date of purchase. During this period, Neunaber Audio Effects will repair or, at our discretion, replace the defective product at no cost, after returned to our warehouse.
- This warranty does not cover products that are damaged through negligence, misuse, alteration, or incorrect/failed power supply; nor does it cover consequential damages resulting from defects in materials or workmanship.
- This limited warranty is transferable, but only when the original purchase was from an authorized re-seller of Neunaber Technology and provenance can be documented.
Exceptions to this policy are as follows:
- Power supplies and other accessories are warrantied for one (1) year only.
- There is no warranty for apparel.