Neuron - Gain Intelligence
$ 249 was $ 299
This product is currently sold out.
A Perfect Solution For Epic Guitar Tone without an Amp
The complexity of an amp modeler can feel overwhelming when all you want is awesome tone and feel that is easy to control. You want your guitar’s sound to be as versatile and unique as you are. And, of course, you want a solution that is convenient, easily portable, and doesn’t need to be turned up to 11 to sound great, whether you run direct or amplified.
Introducing Neuron Gain Intelligence — a dynamic multistage guitar preamp with compressor, noise gate, speaker simulator, presets and MIDI in a compact pedal format.
- Dynamic multistage gain architecture yields unparalleled control over the desired amount of distortion — producing harmonic structures that range from subtle to dense and complex. With its hyper-realistic feel, experience the joy of playing full-bore through an amp without the size, weight, cost and potential hearing damage.
- Unique design, based on years of research into amps and pedal circuits, is not a model, emulation or simulation of any particular amp. A unique, versatile sound — your secret weapon.
- Single-knob Compressor easily controls the drive level for smooth, consistent tone. Quickly dial in just the right amount of sustain.
- Studio-quality Noise Gate with adjustable threshold quiets your signal. No worries about pickup hum.
- Global Tilt EQ adapts your tone to various setups, saving you time when you change amps or between an amp and direct — simply turn one knob and go!
- Switchable Speaker Simulator for running direct or to a powered monitor/full-range powered cab, saving you the trouble of an outboard speaker sim.
- Three-band EQ plus Tightness and Presence gives you total control over your tone. Non-interacting controls allow for impactful and precise adjustments. No more dithering between EQ controls that never seem to dial in.
- Up to 24 presets can be recalled via MIDI controller, and up to 6 presets (user-configurable) stored/recalled from the footswitch. It’s like having a multi-channel amp in a pedal. Replace several pedals with Neuron, making your rig easier to carry around.
- MIDI controllable via MIDI’s new micro-jack (2.5mm TRS) standard. Two adapter cables are included to connect to 5-pin DIN MIDI cables. Access Neuron’s full capabilities with ease using any MIDI controller.
- Neuron Commander Software (macOS/Windows) makes setup even easier. Use a USB-MIDI adapter (not included) to connect Neuron Commander Software. Of course, you can perform all setup directly on the pedal itself.
- True bypass switching ensures that Neuron is completely disconnected from your signal chain when not in use. It won’t change your tone unless you want it to.
- Small, pedalboard-friendly footprint. Neuron might be the most powerful guitar preamp for its size.
- Powered from a standard 9V pedal power supply (not included) and drawing less than 100 mA. Just plug it in to your existing pedalboard’s power supply. No need to run a separate power adapter or free up a high-current power port. Don’t have a power supply?
- Manufactured locally in Orange County, California USA. Support a small family-owned and operated business.
Click the playlist icon (upper right corner) for more videos:
Sound samples, recorded direct using only Neuron and its internal speaker simulator:
|Red Hot Funk|
|Dumb & Dumbler|
|Brown Eyed Guy|
|Mesa™-Style Rhythm Tone|
|Marshall™-Style Rhythm Tone|
Want More Info?
- Neuron User Guide contains detailed info for setup and technical specs.
- Neuron Commander Software simplifies setup and preset creation for your Neuron Gain Intelligence pedal. A USB-to-MIDI adapter is required. Instructions and download package are available from the Software Downloads page. Login is required, but it is free to create an account.
- Neuron Preset Exchange forum, where you can share your presets using Neuron Commander's import/export functions.
By the way...
What if I told you that the “feel” of a tube amp has nothing to do with the tubes themselves? It’s true! Amp feel is actually a result of voltage supply sag and speaker thermal compression, which can be accurately reproduced without using tubes.